Skip to content

Insurance Protection & Policy Risk Management

We are registered to advise you on different types of protection insurance and cover, and to help you manage your insurance risk with an appropriate policy.

We work with a wide range of individuals and companies on their insurance protection requirements. Our clients include private, commercial and public sector owners, tenants and landlords, building trades, hospitality and catering providers and sporting activity operators.

Life Cover

Protecting your loved ones after your death begins with life insurance cover, which pays a cash sum to your named beneficiaries. It can minimise the financial impact of your death by helping them to deal with outgoings such as bills, childcare or mortgage payments. With a variety of life insurance policies available, you can choose the one that best suits your requirements.

Critical Illness Cover

A Critical Illness insurance policy can help you cope financially if you are unable to work due to illness, and reduces stress at a challenging time. It’s a long-term policy providing a tax-free lump sum that is often added to insurance life cover to help protect you and your loved ones at every stage in your life.

Mortgage Protection

Mortgage Payment Protection Insurance (MPPI) is a specific policy that will cover your mortgage loan repayments for a defined period – usually up to 24 months – if you lose your job or are unable to work because of illness or accident.

Business Protection Insurance

The loss of a business owner or key employee can have a catastrophic effect on the health of a business. Business protection insurance helps to ensure business continuity by paying out a cash sum to the business or remaining owners to offset the financial impact of the loss from death, critical illness or disablement.

Income Protection

Your outgoings don’t stop if your income does, for example because of redundancy or long-term sickness. An Income Protection insurance policy can help you cope financially if you are unable to work, and not just because of illness. It enables you to pay all your bills, not just your mortgage or your rent. It’s a long-term policy that can be tailored to suit individual requirements.

Private Health Insurance

Designed to cover the cost of private healthcare, this cover offers different levels of protection and can include access to treatments not available on the NHS, faster access to consultants, tests and treatments, access to private hospitals and greater choice over where you are treated, as well as outpatient treatments such as physiotherapy or home nursing.

Family Income Benefit

An alternative to term life insurance, family income benefit pays a regular income if you die, rather than a lump sum. It replaces the ongoing lost income if you die, providing a steady source of income to your beneficiaries for a determined period.

Building Insurance

Building insurance is compulsory if you have or are taking out a mortgage, whether you are moving in yourself or letting the property. It covers property damage and the cost of rebuilding in case of damage from events such as fire, storm or flood.

Landlords' Insurance

Renting out property brings the risks of buildings and content damage through accidents or malicious intent, public liability, loss of rent and tenant defaults. Flexible cover options allow you to put in place the insurance cover that is appropriate for your needs.

Tenants' Insurance

As a tenant, you try to keep the property you rent in good condition. If you do cause damage, though, the cost of making good can be deducted from your security deposit at the end of your tenancy. Tenants’ insurance is a form of contents insurance specifically designed to cover this liability.

Contents Insurance

Contents cover insures the contents of your property, including your furniture and belongings. In the event of an insurance claim the damaged or destroyed items are replaced or you receive their value in payment.

bdma logo_retina

Get in touch

We are here to help with any of your asset, insurance and claims needs